Why Hire a Veteran?
Although less than 1% of our citizens have served in the military, the men and women who make up our veteran population can have an extremely positive impact on your company. In short, veterans make great employees and if you give them an opportunity, they will repay you with not only by being superior employees, they will be extremely loyal to your organization.
Here are a few reasons why you should consider hiring a veteran for your organization and why W4W can help you meet your needs:
- Accelerated Learning Curve
- They come from a background where mission accomplishment is first and foremost and they will seek solutions rather than abandon the job.
- From the lowliest Private to the highest-ranking General, leading others with respect is drilled into a veteran at every level. This can have a big impact on the rest of the team.
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Just like the entire country, veterans represent a broad cross section of the population and they have had to accomplish their mission working with people from all backgrounds.
- Members of the military are not alone and they know they need to be dependable and depending-on others to accomplish the mission. It’s why you hear so many refer to other vets as brother and sister.
- Performance Under Pressure
- Coming from a background of limited resources and tight schedules, vets perform well and they have had to endure much worse.
- Vets know the importance of clarity in all situations and you can expect them to be direct but also polite when being direct.
- Conscious of Health & Safety
- Vets are taught that they are responsible for the safety of others at all levels. While they do some really cool things, they have are always taught to do it in a safe manner.